ads

Monday, November 2, 2020

Simplify Your Business For Maximum Impact

Lately I've felt this need to simplify my life as much as possible. Even in the year of COVID-19, I still felt like I was always on a dead run and yet I could never catch up. And so I've put some real effort into simplifying my cleaning routine, my meal planning and preparation, my daily schedule, and my business. As a grandmother, mom, wife, business owner...I wear so many hats that sometimes it feels a bit overwhelming. I knew I needed to implement some productivity tools to help me balance everything I had going on.

I've discovered some productivity tools that have really helped me streamline my business and my life in general. I was amazed at how many unnecessary activities I was able to just cut out of my day! It's allowed me to free up a lot more time for things I truly enjoy. And I learned a lot of great tips from the Productivity Secrets videos I've shared. These are an incredible resource if you want to get more done with your day!

Some of the benefits of a streamlined business include:

  • Having the time to spend on the activities that actually generate income
  • The ability to move closer to achieving your ultimate goals
  • Using your time more efficiently and being more productive
  • Feeling more at ease and in control of your business
I know  it can be hard to simplify things as a busy entrepreneur. But it's critical to your health and well-being the health and well-being of your business. Here are my top productivity habits for entrepreneurs to streamline your business and help you get on the path to feeling empowered!

Organize Your Workspace

Physical clutter almost always turns into mental clutter. If you’re serious about streamlining your business, this is the best place to start. Once you get the clutter under control, it will be a lot easier to simplify the other areas of your business as well.

For more in-depth tips on how to go about simplifying your possessions and decluttering, feel free to read these other posts I’ve written on this topic: 

6 Steps to a Stress-Free Organized OfficeDe-Stressing Begins With De-Cluttering

Make A To-Do List

I can NOT function without a list! Seriously, I have a list at all times. Having a list of what you need to accomplish each day helps keep you on track. Prioritize your list so the most important tasks are at the top to ensure the most critical (i.e. moneymaking!) activities are done first. Check each item off your list as you complete it. There is something very satisfying about seeing a completed list at the end of the day. 

Set Up Routines

I am all about routines and habits. Just ask my husband! In fact, I am currently doing a Morning Makeover Challenge in my Facebook group and today's lesson was all about habits and routines!
Routines don’t sound very exciting, but they really can do wonders for your productivity level. There are morning routines, workout routines, office routines, etc. I think the best approach is to pick one type of routine to help you simplify your schedule and some tasks that you need to accomplish. After that one routine is established, then maybe move on to incorporating another into your life. If you'd like to start with the Morning Makeover Challenge, you'll find it in my Facebook group!

Automate

This is a great way to save some time and energy. Automate as many tasks as possible. If you are a blogger, figure out how you can automate your social media platforms! Use an autoresponder to follow-up with leads. 

Delegate and Outsource

I had a number of years where I would run around like a mad woman, trying to do it all. But the need to be "Superwoman" isn't healthy for you...physically or mentally. If you are an entrepreneur and a wife and mom, this is especially true for you. You can quickly become completely overwhelmed, exhausted, and burned out. 

There is no rule that says you have to do it all. Part of what I teach is my Morning Makeover Challenge is to let other family members help out. If your children are old enough to  make their own breakfast or dress themselves, let them! If your husband knows how to turn the coffee pot on in the morning or take the dog out, let him. Use the extra time to do something for your or your business.

The other way to save time, if you are at the point in your business where it makes sense, is to outsource. This is true especially if there are tasks that you are not good at or that you absolutely dislike doing. 

I love coming up with ideas for designs for my t-shirt stores. But that's where it ends. I don't have one shred of artistic talent. So I outsource the actual design work to a graphic artist. She takes my concept and turns it into something that will actually go on a shirt and sell! It's worth what I pay her to do this because here designs are professional looking, which means I make more sales.

Finances and managing the money is an important part of any business. It's also something I hate dealing with. I've passed this task off to my husband. He's very good at it, doesn't mind doing it, and it's his way of supporting me in my business. 

Look for ways you can outsource parts of your business. Hire a VA for a few hours each week. Barter with another entrepreneur. If there is something you are particularly good at like web design or social media, offer to help with that in exchange for her doing some tasks that you dislike. 

Learn To Say “No”

If something doesn’t align with your priorities in your business, don’t feel guilty about saying “no” to it. You aren’t obligated to do everything that is asked of you. You are the keeper of your time, so it is up to you to not let others dictate how you are spending it. When we allow ourselves to become caught up in activities and perceived obligations that we don’t enjoy, it doesn’t leave much time to spend on what we actually want to do.

Use these tips to help you simplify your business. 

I'm having a "fire sale" on some older products so now is a great time to take advantage of the Productivity Secrets video series. For the next 48 hours, you can get them less than 1/2 price!


No comments: