ads

Friday, March 24, 2023

Time Waits For No Woman

I know you've heard that saying, or a variation of it anyway. And it's true. Time marches on. And if you aren't paying attention, suddenly you realize that you haven't met all the goals you set for yourself.

And you're out of time.

I'm there right now. There are things that I wanted to achieve that I haven't and unfortunately, due to age or physical constraints or life circumstances, the time to be able to do them has passed. I have suddenly realized that there are just some things that are going to be left undone.

And I am fine with that!

One thing I have learned out here on the dirt road is that there is more to success than reaching goals. What matters most are other things like...

Did I make a difference in someone's life?

Did I do something significant?

And before you start protesting, remember. What may seem small and important to you may make all the difference to someone else.

Did I leave something that will last after I am gone? Am I leaving a LEGACY?

My readers of a "certain age" may be experiencing this as well....the questioning that led me to Life on the Dirt Road. When you begin to look at all you have accomplished and yet wonder why you aren't fulfilled. When you ask yourself, "Is this really all there is?" And like me, you may be redefining what it means to be successful. Making changes. Creating a different kind of lifestyle.

I LOVE my life! I know I have made a difference. I have had impact. And the lessons I have taught my daughters and grandchildren, the example I have tried to set for other marketers, is my legacy.

Many of my younger readers may be looking at this and wondering, "What is that old woman talking about?!"

I am talking about this. I'm talking about not waiting until 65 to figure out what's really important in life. I'm talking about being a "difference-maker". I'm talking about creating impact. About leaving a legacy.

You can still pursue those other goals. Make $10,000 a month or more in your business. Speak on big important stages. Drive that cool car. Take those exotic vacations. Hang with the "cool kids".

But every once in a while take a look at your vision, your values, and your mission and make sure they are in alignment with those goals. So at 65 you too can be saying, "I LOVE my life!" Instead of 'Is that all there is?"

I challenge each of you today to sit down and write a personal mission statement. Not for your business. For your LIFE. Let me know what you come up with.

No comments: