ads

Saturday, November 10, 2018

I'm Hobnobbing With Hollywood! Meet Joie Gharrity!


Facebook Groups...you know I love them,  I'm not talking about those spammy everybody-vomit-your-links-endlessly type of groups.  I mean real Facebook groups designed to create a community.  Done properly, they are a great place to build relationships.  That's where I met this month's Success Story.  She runs an awesome group called Branding for Professional Business Women!  Everyone meet Joie Gharrity.  And when you're finished reading this, go join her group!  See you there!



1. Joie, tell us about yourself.

I am the Founder of 113 Branding Digital Media Studio. I'm a Brand Director, Creative Producer, Author, and International Speaker. I have worked in the Hollywood entertainment industry for 15+ years at top companies, in film, television, original web content, and branded entertainment. I was hand-picked by the ABC Studio President to launch the first multi-media startup business for The Walt Disney Company.


I was inspired to launch 113 Branding because I realized that most entrepreneurs were not focused on standing in their own Spotlight and selling themselves, which impacts their long-term success. I integrate my strategic branding and content development vision with both the creative and business sides of the entertainment industry. 

 

2. Tell us about your book

In my book The Red Carpet Guide to Visibility and Influence, I share branding strategies, techniques, tools, and tips that can be implemented easily. I am passionate about being of service and working with entrepreneurs to help them gain Superstar Visibility and Influence in the marketplace. 

 

3. Why did you write this book?

I truly believe that it is your birthright as an entrepreneur to stand in your Visibility and Influence Spotlight and shine bright. It has nothing to do with the last name you are born into or your vocation. It does have to do with living your true purpose turning up your Visibility and Influence Spotlight and allowing your Influence to shine.

4. How has being a Hollywood insider helped with your current career?

I have taken my Hollywood insider background along with the strategies, tools and tips and repurposed them specifically for entrepreneurs to stand in their Spotlight. I consider entrepreneurs stars in the business world. And I treat them accordingly.

5. What can Hollywood teach us about branding and marketing?

To step fully out of the shadows and embrace your gifts and talents by getting Visible and increasing your Influence. Running a business is much like filling theater seats. It takes a minimum of two years before a feature film goes into the theaters. The minute a movie gets a green light the studio along with the producing team immediately start working on getting the buzz up in the marketplace. They do not wait until the project is complete or perfect. As an entrepreneur, you want to hit the ground running to grow the Visibility and Influence about your projects and services before you launch so that there are buyers waiting when you go live. 

6. It appears that in Hollywood, it’s still “not what you know but who you know”.  Would you say this is correct?  How can knowing the right people help you build your brand and expand your business?

A well know quote of mine is “Only together can we soar higher and higher.” It is impossible to build a thriving brand without a huge tribe and network. Getting out of your own backyard is also an important piece to growing your brand. Knowing lots of the “right people” should be a priority for every entrepreneur who is serious about building a sustainable business.

7. What has been the most difficult part of getting your message out?

Visibility takes courage. Many people have grown up not necessarily being seen and heard in a big way. Nor have they been encouraged to stand in their Spotlight and own their gifts and talents. I encourage people daily to make it a habit. It takes a minute to really get comfortable with the Visibility Spotlight. However, it is so worth it!

8. Do you have any resources that you would recommend for entrepreneurs – or anyone – struggling to make themselves stand out? 

I have a Huffington Post article called Double and Triple Dip Your Way to Massive Brand Visibility. It is a network driven 113 Branding Strategy that is based on the experience of working in Hollywood. We have a very unique way that we network that leverages each other’s influence.

9. I love your book and think the topic is SOOO important.  You’ve been hard at work promoting your book and your brand.  And quite well, I might add.  Do you have any tips to share on promoting yourself?

BRAG, BRAG, BRAG. I have gotten push back on my encouraging specifically women to brag. However, I do not consider this to be a negative three letter word. In Hollywood I was taught and encouraged to embrace my wins and to share them with others. How is someone going to know to work with you or buy your products and services if they don't know about them. Standing in our expertise, gifts and talents is your birthright. Shine a bright light on everything you are doing in pre-production, production and post production is my advice and allow the marketplace to see your greatness.

10. What other advice would like to share with new entrepreneurs? 

Being an entrepreneur is one of the best titles and jobs in the world. Embrace it and shout from the rooftops that you are an entrepreneur. I see entrepreneurs sometimes skirt around their title and what they do at times because there can be a stigma in the marketplace. Kick that to the curb and stand loud and proud.

11. Where can we purchase your book? 


12. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Stand in your Spotlight, get Visible and grow your Influence. Your future self will thank you!

No comments: