ads

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Where Will You Be One Year From Now?

I totally overslept today! I was awakened by the menagerie of fur babies that decided they had waited long enough for "walkies" and breakfast.

I am glad that they feel loved and protected enough to get up on the bed to wake me. They are all rescues and have had some bad experiences so that makes me feel wonderful.

I remember when each of them became members of the family. It was frustrating. One would hide under the bed. One wouldn't come out of the carrier. One would hiss and spit if you tried to pet him. But slowly things, turned around and eventually things got better. Now we're all family!

Our businesses are like that. They take time. They take lots of patience. Consistent love and attention.  And yes, they take work. But how can you be consistent when you're not seeing results? You know it takes time. You know it takes work. But it's SOOOO hard because you aren't seeing the results!

You are missing that positive feedback mechanism. (Yes, I took Psychology in school). Almost everything worth waiting for takes time. Losing weight. Exercising. Eating better. earning a new language. Creating a business...

Did you know that if you start where you are and improve by just 1% every day, you will be 365% better a year from now? Yes, it's very slow progress at first. Most people will give up. But it starts to accelerate over time. Start today and improve 1% tomorrow. Rinse and repeat.

Don't do this for me. Do it for you. Start your own challenge. Do a 30 day challenge...of anything. It could be walking. It could be drinking water. It could be creating videos. It could be personal or business. You choose.

I'm doing my own personal challenge of morning exercise. I am not a morning person so working out first thing in the morning is a way to get my energy flowing. So far I've done 7 workouts in 7 days.

It only takes 21 days to build a habit (so they say) so if you want to do a 21 day challenge to get started, that's fine too.

So I'm asking you today what is your personal challenge? What are you going to challenge yourself to do? You can do whatever challenge you like. Personal, business...or BOTH!

Think about where your business will be a year from now if you just start something today.

P.S. You might find this 3 minute TED Talk from Matt Cutts (yes, that Matt Cutts) inspiring.

Challenge Yourself!

No comments: