So you're thinking of starting a business. You're retired and bored. Or you need to supplement your retirement income. Or maybe your nearing retirement age but know that you won't be able to afford it. Congratulations! Starting a business at our age can be rewarding in many ways. But the first thing you need to do is ask yourself a question. Are you ready to be a Boomerpreneur?
Be honest now. Are you ready to face the challenges and, yes, risks, of starting a business at this stage in life? Are you self-motivating? Is your family supportive? If you answered no to any of these questions, then it will make reaching your goal much more difficult.
Here's a quick checklist. How many of these can you answer with a "yes." The more yeses, the better your chances of success!
- Are you self-motivating?
- Do you have a support system (family, friends, or hired employees)?
- Do you manage your time effectively?
- Are you willing to take some risks?
- Do you communicate effectively?
- Do you have something that you are passionate about that you can turn into a business?
- Are you ready to set goals and create a plan to reach them?
- Do you have the financial means to start your business without touching retirement savings?
- Can you manage your finances wisely?
- Can you promote yourself and your business?
- Are you healthy enough to put in the hours and do the work?'
- Do you have or can you learn the required skills?
- Are you organized?
If you didn't answer yes to most of these, then you may want to rethink becoming a Boomerpreneur. It does take most of these to be successful. Starting a business isn't for everyone.
However, if you are only lacking a few of these, then congratulations! You may be ready! The skills and traits you have can significantly contribute to your success. And you may be able to learn or acquire what you lack.
So, are you a Boomerpreneur? If so, let's get started! Not sure how? Visit my Boomer Business Ideas website for ideas and information. Of check me out at MelodieannWhiteley.com to learn more about a very simple yet profitable and rewarding business that you can start today. And welcome to the world of the Boomerpreneur. You're going to love it here!