I was born before the internet existed. (Grandkids -Yes, I'm really that old. No, we didn't always have the internet). So I remember the rise of the blog. At first, I couldn't understand what was so wonderful about a blog. Why would I want to spend my time posting what I thought was no more than an online personal diary. Why would anyone want to read it? Why would I want anyone to read it?
Of course, I have learned much since then, Including the value of blogging. Why blog?
1. It helps drive traffic to your website. And who doesn't want that? Search engines love sites with valuable content. A good blog provides that content.
2. It helps generate leads for your business. Every post is an opportunity to reach a new prospect. Whether you are including links to your opt-in page or another capture page or placing calls to action at the end of your post, you can use your blog to find new business.
3. It enhances your credibility. Post content that your readers find valuable and useful and you will soon become known as an expert in your field.
4. It works 24/7. Even when you're sleeping or on vacation, your blog is working - attracting readers, driving traffic, reaching new prospects, building your brand.
5. It provides a platform to keep your market up-to-date on company news like product releases or upcoming webinars or conferences.
So if you are blogging, good choice. Keep at it! If not, what are you waiting for?
Can you think of other reasons to blog? Share them in the comments!
P.S. If you've been trying to "get your name out there," publishing content on your website, and doing all the things "they" have told you to do... but you're still not getting the kind of attention, respect, and income you desire... click here. Help is on the way!