ads

Friday, September 12, 2008

Meet the Ladies Who Are Changing the Face of Business - Nancy McDonald

I'm starting a new project and I'm so excited! I have met so many wonderful women who have been instrumental in helping achieve all that I have. Now I want you to meet them too! So, I am interviewing each of them and each week I will share an interview with you. Prepare to meet some of the most talented, dynamic, and successful women entrepreneurs. Take notes - because what they will teach you can change your life!

Today, I introduce our first Canadian guest! Nancy and I are both members of Women Business Owners Network and HER Mastermind Network, which is where we met. She is always posting great advice on these forums so I jumped at the chance to share her experience with you. I know after reading her interview, you'll be as big a fan of hers as I am! Nancy McDonald!!

1. Nancy, can you start by telling us about a little bit about yourself?

My Name is Nancy Macdonald and I live in London Ontario Canada. I have four wonderful daughters and seven grand children ranging from teen agers to a new baby. I am so thrilled to watch each of the children develop.

2. Tell us about your business.

My business website and passion is http://www.preciousbabysite.com/.
I specialize in helping Moms and Ladies find a guide and a safe place to share their feelings. For a resource in parenting and life coaching in life's day to day events. I also have an ongoing ecommerce store on ebay specializing in products that are hand picked for quality and savings.
http://stores.ebay.com/preciousbabysite_WoQQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm.

I use different media to help and motivate others with my podcast.
http://blogtalkradio.com/onlinehelp


3. Why did you start your own business?

The business was started after my life changing event when due to a circumstance I was no longer able to nurse actively in patient care. My skills were transferred to using the resources on the net.

4. What do you like most and least about being your own boss?

Being your own boss you are responsible for your site and its development. Just like watching a child grow and go through the different phases , so does your business.

5. What personality traits and skills are needed to run a business?

The personality trait I feel is the ability to adapt and to be resourceful in many ways. To have the ability to learn from others and to learn patience.

6. What has been the most difficult part of being an entrepreneur?

Not being able right away to have an income. It takes hard work, so then you need to be able to adapt. I contract my services as a virtual customer service to maintain a weekly cashflow

7. Do you have any resources you have used to build your business that you would recommend?

I have found resources from networking with other like minded working at home woman and men .. We share our skills and our strengths to help each other in mentoring and being a sounding board and cheering section. There are times when we work long hours that having an online friend is the best.

8. Do you have any tips to share on promoting your business?

I join groups of the products and services where I would chat and meet others who might need my services. I offer free minutes to people so that they can check out what I can offer. I also spend time each day promoting my business with advertisements and sharing with others.

9. What other advice do you have for someone starting their own business?

That not to be discouraged easily and to do a lot of research on what they would like to do online. I find that I also enjoy very much my virtual free lance work.

10. How can we contact you about your products and services?
http://www.preciousbabysite.com/

email: plscall4me@execulink.com

If any of Melodieann's readers buy from my ebay store , I would offer a discount of $2.00 off of any item.
http://stores.ebay.com/preciousbabysite_WoQQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

11. Is there anything else you would like to share?

Having a passion in life and watching it grow even though you struggle is a great reward and a feeling of satisfaction.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice interview!

Anonymous said...

I never knew Nancy was from Canada. Wow! This was a very nice interview. i really learned a lot about her and I've networked with her for a couple of years now. it's amazing what you can learn about people if you take the time.

Thanks for posting this.

Betty Lynch said...

I love meeting all your friends! Thank you for all you do!

Anonymous said...

Melodieann,

So nice to see an interview with Nancy! I know her a bit from online, but did not recognize her photo, because she is a bit shy of sharing pictures!

Great interview, thank you.

Sally

www.drsallywitt.com

Anonymous said...

This is so nice of you to post for your friends! I enjoy seeing their pictures together with information about them. Wonderful blog, Melodieann!

Beth Bentley said...

Love the name of your business. I checked out your ebay store, love those shoes too...so cute!!