You have heard me preach endlessly about the value of learning from the "masters" - the experts in your chosen business niche - and following their lead. But who should you be following? The internet marketing and business worlds are full of "gurus", each claiming to be the one with the answer to all of your problems. Here are the top 10 that I have learned valuable lessons from. In my opinion, they are the best of the best in their areas of expertise and come with my whole-hearted recommendation!
1. Ken McArthur - Ken is an author, marketing expert, legendary creator of Impact, and the resident expert in forming partnerships and collaborations. I met Ken when he became one of my clients in my capacity as an site selection specialist for HelmsBriscoe. Ken taught me the most valuable lesson of all - I don't have to do this alone. There are lots of experts available who are more than willing to share their knowledge, time, contacts, and advice with me.
2. Felicia Slattery - I met Felicia many years ago on Ryze and came to admire and respect her long before I had the opportunity to meet her in person. Felicia taught me the value of being able to communicate effectively in any format. And then she taught me how to do that.
3. Bob the Teacher - I have been on Bob the Teacher's mailing list forever so I was thrilled when I finally had the opportunity to meet in this past February at Ken McArthur's jvAlert event in Orlando. Other than being much younger than I expected from his level of expertise, he was everything that I had envisioned and more. Bob has taught me how to use a variety of marketing tools and not be afraid of them. Teleseminars, squeeze pages, mind mapping, Squidoo, Twitter - all tools I have embraced thanks to Bob's tutoring.
4. ProBlogger (Darren Rowse) - I discovered ProBlogger through a teleseminar that mentioned a man (ProBlogger) that was bringing in a six-figure income simply from blogging. I imediately went to his site and through his teaching, entered the world of blogging for myself. From a blog with 1 or 2 hits, I now have multiple blogs with hundreds of hits. I am currently participating in his latest project - 31 Days to Build a Better Blog. Who knows what will happen with my blogs after that!
5. Ken Evoy - creator of Site Build It! for web building and hosting. In addition to discovering an absolutely fabulous tool to help create and host websites, Ken taught me the importance of a content-rich site for business.
6. Marlon Sanders - lots of great products and Marlon's Marketing In a Minute newsletter.
7. Mike Litman - Mike is the author of the best-selling "Conversations With Millionaires." What is the most valuable lesson I learned from him? "You don't have to get it right, you just have to get it going." Thanks, Mike! I did just that!
8. The Barefoot Executive (Carrie Wilkerson) - I have only known of The Barefoot Exec for a few months. I met her at jvAlert in February. But she made a powerful impression on me with her reminder to focus and that nothing gets accomplished without massive action TO COMPLETION!
9. Wendy Y. Bailey - friend and fellow Baby Boomer Diva WendyY taught me to say 4 simple little words that have made a huge difference in my cash flow - "I Charge for That." She's a group coaching expert and will show you how to incorporate those skills into your business model.
10. Allan Gardyne - I have been a subscriber to the Associate Programs Newsletter since stepping out into internet marketing many years ago. It has never disappointed me. If you want to know how to make a living as an affiliate marketer, you need to know this man
There you have it - my top 10 list of internet business experts. Did I leave someone off that you think should be here? Post a comment with their name, website and why you recommend them and I will definitely check them out.