ads

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How to Get On The News Without Committing Murder

Well, she has done it again. My friend and mentor, Beverly Mahone, has written another fabulous book. When she first shared the title - "How to Get On The News Without Committing Murder" - I knew I had to have it. Bev is a PR genius! If she was going to share some tips, I wanted to know what they were.

When I was working as a "professional Girl Scout" (yes, there is such a thing) I handled much of the publicity for local events so I am not exactly a newbie when it comes to PR. But Bev taught me a thing or two in this book. In fact, she taught me 8 things. Her book contains 8 Killer Tips and each of them had at least one thing I found useful. Whether it was the list of journalists on Twitter (Killer Tip #5) or information on podcasting (Killer Tip #7), I finished the book armed with some new media savvy. If you have some PR experience, you, too, will still find helpful advice. If you are new to the world of publicity, this book is a must read!

In addition to her PR tips, Bev has also provided an invaluable list of resources. She leads you to the best press release sites, shows you places to post your teleseminars and workshops, and gives you a list of podcast directories. Just the resource list alone is worth the price of the book.

This book is simply brilliant. Bev tells you exactly what you need to know and shares her personal secrets on getting media attention. With all of the information she provides, she makes it easy to gain the publicity you need to shine the spotlight on yourself and your business. And now I'm off to look at the sites where I can post event announcements (Killer Tip #6). I have a teleseminar coming up soon and I'll be needing some publicity!

2 comments:

Wendy McClelland said...

Great review of this book. It sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing it - I'll definitely check it out.

Good luck with your telesummit!

Wendy McClelland
www.WendyMcClelland.com

Anonymous said...

Great post. You made me want to search out that book!
Susan