Blogging is one of the easiest, most cost effective ways to build an online presence. They are a great way to showcase your expertise, build web traffic, and gain potential clients or customers. Many of my friends, colleagues, and clients have incorporated a blog into their overall business strategy. You should too!
Do you need some inspiration? Great! Today I am going to share with you some of the best blogs written by, for, and about my target market - the baby boomer!
1. Two of my favorites boomer blogs are written by the same person - Heidi Caswell. The first, WordPress 101 for Boomers, has information on everything from keeping spammers out of your contact form to uncluttering your sidebars. With the information available here, I am often able to help my clients solve their WordPress problems.
2. I have recently discovered Heidi writes another blog - Home Grown Lifestyle. I found it when she posted a recipe for Pork Cabbage Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce on Pinterest. So far I have learned how to make my own laundry soap, that you can plant cabbage in February, and that it's never too early to start gardening. I'm still discovering all this blog has to offer, but I think I'm going to become a regular here as well.
3. Written by the Redhead herself, Heidi Richards Mooney, Redhead Marketing is one of my favorite business blogs. Heidi is a one-stop shop for information on everything you need to know about your home business.
4. Looking for a blog with a little sass and a lot of class? The Feisty Side of Fifty celebrates that distinctly unique individual - the baby boomer woman. Written by Mary Eileen Williams, this where to go for topics as diverse as the post-50 job search to the power of hope, and interviews with fellow boomers such as Karen Colligan and Janet Neal.
5. Aging But Dangerous - their mission statement says it all: "Aging But Dangerous inspires, empowers and challenges women over 50 to self-fulfill, self-actualize and live their lives to the absolute fullest." What more could you want from a boomer blog?
6. Sometimes God shows up in the most unusual places. And the one of the few women I know that would blog about that experience is Bev Mahone. Check out her latest post on this subject as well as all the other great insight she shares on her blog, Baby Boomer Talk and Other Stuff.
7. As she describes it, Jo's blog is "just my little journal as I live my life in my tree house." In fact, it is so much more. A Majority of Two is a wonderful look at the intricacies of life through the eyes of a remarkable woman.
8. I am a foodie. I can spend hours happily puttering in my kitchen trying some new kitchen gadget or experimenting with a new recipe. Which is why I love the Diva of Tiny Foods. Where else can you get the recipe for Italian Meatball Bruschetta AND Peanut Butter Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars?
9. A Gathering of Thoughts by Rebecca Nelson is the blog I read during quiet times. Rebecca loves to share the fabulous old finds she has discovered during the course of her life. You will love reading her stories.
10. If you need articles on health, beauty, family, money, finances and relationships with a baby boomer perspective, then you need to read Rita Morgan's blog Not Just The Kitchen.
These are 10 of my favorite boomer blogs. I'm sure they will provide plenty of inspiration for other bloggers.
Do you have a boomer blog the rest of us need to know about? Don't be shy! Now is the time to share!