ads

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What is Thirty One?

Guest post by Mitzi Lane

I get that question a lot. Thirty One’s mission statement reads, “We believe in celebrating, encouraging and rewarding others for who they are. Through God’s strength, we have built a family of individuals who feel women deserve to treat themselves to something special. Our commitment is to provide women with a fulfilling, enjoyable and rewarding experience.”

I started my journey with Thirty One in July 2011. I had received a Thirty One thermal for a gift and loved it. I called my friend and asked where she bought it. After looking at a catalog, I decided to join. For the small investment of $99, I started my career with Thirty One.

I joined Thirty One to make a little extra money and pay for daycare for my infant daughter, but God had bigger plans for me.

Since joining Thirty One, I have been able to pay off my student loan, pay cash for vacations and bless families in need.

In July 2014, I prayed that God would direct me in what I need to be doing with my Thirty One business. HE gave me the “school supply” idea. I contacted some area school teachers and the “Cinch Sac Fundraiser” began. I posted the idea on Facebook and had an abundance of support. I was able to collect enough money to purchase 66 cinch sacs. My husband and I had so much fun buying school supplies to fill the cinch sacs for the kids. It was a team effort. My three year old loved helping us put the supplies in the sacs and she helped us deliver to the area schools. What a blessing we got, knowing that the kids would be able to start school with the supplies they needed.

God continued to bless my business. In December I asked for HIS guidance again. God laid it on my heart that I needed to help the kids again. There are so many kids who do have socks and gloves to keep them warm. I contacted the same teachers as before and they agreed. Currently, I am gathering socks and gloves to donate to the area schools. Several people donated $5 to purchase the Timeless Memory pouches and I will fill them with socks and gloves. I am so excited to deliver the “bag of warmth” to the school.

God never ceases to amaze me. Because of God, I have been able to bless people with the necessities that they need. To see a kid smile, because they have new school supplies or warm gloves is so heartwarming.

Christmas is the time to give, but I think that we should give each day of the year.
Mitzi Lane is an Independent Senior Director at Thirty One Gifts.  Visit her website at www.mythirtyone.com/mitzilane.

No comments: