Monday, September 14, 2015
The New Gurus - My Top 10 List Revised and Updated!
1. Ken McArthur - Ken is an author, marketing expert, legendary creator of Impact, and the resident expert in forming partnerships and collaborations. Thanks to Ken, I have had the opportunity to meet and work with amazing people. And I learned a very important lesson - no matter how prepared you think you are, you can still mess up! Bad! Epically, in fact!
2. Felicia Slattery - I met Felicia many years ago on Ryze and came to admire and respect her long before I had the opportunity to meet her in person. Felicia taught me the value of being able to communicate effectively in any format. Since our initial meeting, I have had the opportunity to participate in her coaching programs which have truly helped to perfect my skills as a speaker. Too bad I didn't do that a bit earlier! (See above!)
3. ProBlogger (Darren Rowse) - I discovered ProBlogger through a teleseminar that mentioned a man (ProBlogger) that was bringing in a six-figure income simply from blogging. I immediately went to his site and through his teaching, entered the world of blogging for myself. From a blog with 1 or 2 hits on a good day, I now have multiple blogs with hundreds of hits.
4. Ken Evoy - Creator of Site Build It! for web building and hosting. In addition to discovering an absolutely fabulous tool to help create and host websites, Ken taught me the importance of a content-rich site for business.
5. Andy Shepherd - Would you believe I used to be terribly shy and self-conscious? It's true! I am a bit - irreverent - at times, and was afraid that others wouldn't take me seriously. So I avoided speaking or even photos that allowed any sign of that side of me to show through. Well, thanks to Andy, that is no longer the case. If you have something that is keeping you from the success you seek, let Andy help you break through the barrier.
6. Carrie Wilkerson - I only met Carrie Wilkerson once at a jvAlert event. But she made a powerful impression on me with her reminder to focus and that nothing gets accomplished without massive action TO COMPLETION! It is a message that still resonates today. And one I teach everyone of my clients and team members.
7. Larry Hochman - I have learned so much from Larry, I can't even begin to list it all here. From providing business advice and guidance to giving me a gentle nudge (or swift kick) when needed, Larry has helped me excel both professionally and personally. (And he captured the hearts of about 25 little Girl Scouts by helping them set up their first ever websites for cookie sales. Thanks, Larry! They sold THOUSANDS of boxes of cookies, which enabled them to reach their goal for a donation to YouthBridge, which helps troubled kids locally).
8. Brian G. Johnson - Author, speaker, and poodle wrangler. His book, Trust Funnel, has been on the corner of my desk since the day I bought it. I like to keep it within reach for easy reference. Oh, and he taught me one of the most valuable lessons of all. Be yourself, even if that self is a little bit crazy!
9. Debra Jason - Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget. Need I say more? Buy it. Read it. Put it into action. Make money. Oh, and she's not bad at copywriting either!
10. Brian Basilico - Brian has taught me more about the use of social media in my business than anyone. He is the expert on social media and marketing and when he speaks, I listen and then do exactly as he says.
There you have it - my newly updated top 10 list of internet business experts. Did I leave someone off that you think should be here? Post a comment with their name, website and why you recommend them and I will definitely check them out.