ads

Monday, October 5, 2015

October is Self Promotion Month!

Self Promotion Month was founded by author and speaker, Debbie Allen, who discovered that most people do not feel comfortable actively promoting themselves.

Now we all know that I have absolutely no problem with a little shameless self-promotion.  You can't be in marketing and sales and be afraid to talk about yourself.  How will people know what I have to offer if I don't tell them?

And so, if you want to know about me and what I do, hang around on this blog or my website for a bit and you will soon figure it out.  Because I want people to know how I can help them.  I want you to know about the products and services I provide.  I am absolutely PASSIONATE about what I do and I want to help as many people as possible be successful also!

But I know that not everyone is comfortable singing their own praises, so, in honor of Debbie and her wonderful idea for a special month - and because I am always up for a little fun! - I am going to make it easy for you.

Right now, for the next 31 days here is your rooftop!  Shout out about yourself and your business.  Post in the comments who you are, what you do, and why you are the best!  Be helpful, not pushy.  Don't promote just to make a sale.
 
If you need some encouragement before tooting your own horn, check out Debbie's book, Confessions of Shameless Self-Promoters.  Then come back and leave your comment.
 
Come celebrate self-promotion month by engaging in a little shameless self-promotion! 









2 comments:

Unknown said...


My name is Jay Lickus and I am a professional blogger, Baby Boomer Advocate and the Owner and Developer of Survive55.com a website/blog targeted to my Baby Boomer generation. 

The Mission of Survive55.com is to help Baby Boomers enjoy life, be physically, mentally and financially healthier, be up to date on news and global information that affects them and help them discover new and exciting opportunities in their lives.

Personally, I am a devoted grandfather, music lover, motorcycle rider, vinyl record collector, arena football fan and lover of the simple things in life.

Melodieann Whiteley said...

Thanks for sharing, Jay. Your site has some good info on it!

Good to meet a fellow music lover and biker and I even have a fair sized stack of vinyl myself.

Are you on Facebook or Twitter? Please share so we can connect with you!