ads

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Drop Everything And Read

It's D.A.R.E (Drop Everything and Read) Day.  Today is the day to skip the chores, forgo the errands, ignore the pile of paperwork on your desk and turn off the cell phone, TV, and computer.  Instead, settle in with a good cup of tea - or beverage of your choice - and a good book.




If you're not sure what to read, as always, I have some suggestions.  Yes, this is a network marketing and business blog.  But I am not only recommending business books.  This time I have a bit of a variety for you.  However, the authors ARE all connections I have made through my business networking, so maybe there is a business tip in there somewhere! 


Here's my list!


1.  Testimony: A Second Chance: Crossroads: Make the Next Time the Best Time - Sheree Darien:  This book is about healing, emotional intelligence and breaking through, opening doors and creating second chances.  It is never too late for a second chance!


2.   Back to the Kitchen with My Country Kitchen - Betty Reed Lynch:  Yes, it's a cookbook.  And yes, I do read cookbooks.  This has become one of my go-to cookbooks when I'm looking for a simple satisfying meal.  The Chicken Pot Pie and the Southern Style Pot Roast are two of my husband's favorites!


3.  Billion-Dollar Branding: Brand Your Small Business Like a Big Business and Make Great Things Happen - Honey and Blaine Parker:  Okay, so I had to include at least one business book.  If you are a business owner trying to build your brand, this book offers clear, practical suggestions and ideas that you can start using today.


4.   Like You Own It: Breakthrough Strategies for Confident Living - Carrie Perrien Smith:  Learning each technique in this book will transform your ability to communicate with others and address challenges. When you feel more confident about your abilities, it will change the way you interact with people and drastically improve your ability to achieve your goals.


5.  Mediterranean Diet: Sweet and Savory Mini-Tarts From Appetizers to Desserts - Cheryl Antier:  Yes, another cookbook!  Mini tarts!  Easy recipes!  What's not to love?!  The way to my heart?  The Monte Carlo Dark Chocolate Truffle Raspberry Tartlets.  Pure bliss!





                   

No comments: