ads

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I'm Sharing the Secret of My Success

When I first started reading about personal attraction and "The Secret" and "The Attractor Factor", I was extremely skeptical.  Who really believes you can simply attract what you want in your life solely by making your intentions known and then waiting for it to come to you?  Of course, there is much more to it than that. 



When I started in network marketing, I did all the things my upline told me to do.  I held business presentations everywhere I could.  I bought leads and followed up with each of them.  I handed out DVDs and CDs that talked about the business opportunity.  I went to networking events and handed out business cards to everyone who would take one.  All of this effort made me a grand total of $35.46 a month.  Yeah!  I was actually making money for the first time.  But not enough to meet my needs.  I needed to find a better way.



And so I started researching to find who actually was making REAL money in network marketing.  I mean 6-figures or better.  Sure, just about everyone in my upline was making more than me.  Who couldn't make more than $35.46?!  But how many network marketers were making $100,000 a year or more?  Actually, more than I expected.  And not one of them was doing the things my upline was telling me to do.  But what were they doing?  Well, today we call it attraction marketing.  They were somehow instinctively following the rules of attraction marketing before it even had a name.
 


Rule #1:  Provide Value!




These 6-figure earners shared their knowledge and provided value.  If you were lucky enough to be in their circle, they would teach you what they knew.  Even if you weren't on their team. This made them valuable.  And people want to be around others who are valuable.  And if you're looking for a business to join and a leader to follow, where will you look?  To the people who provide value!



Rule #2:  Have a Goal!




These leaders all had goals.  They knew exactly what they wanted and they were laser-focused on getting it.  How can you move ahead if you don't know where you are going?




Rule #3:  Be Confident in Your Business and Products!



All of these success stories were extremely self-confident.  They didn't hesitate at all to share their business opportunity or products if they knew it could help someone else.  Would you buy a car from a salesperson who didn't show confidence it would run?  If you don't have confidence in your business or products, it may be time to look at something else.



Rule #4:  Be Positive and Upbeat!



The leaders I met were always upbeat, positive, and optimistic.  In fact, sometimes it was a bit annoying.  Who can be that cheerful all the time?  Well as it turns out, no one.  Even they had moments when they were a bit down.  The difference is they didn't share that publicly and they very quickly talked themselves out of it.  Who wants to be around someone that is always negative and angry? 



Rule #5:  Have Respect!



These leaders had respect - for themselves and for those around them.  They took care of themselves, their families, their friends, and their team.  They didn't make excuses - and they didn't accept them either.  They took care of their business.




I didn't know about these rules back then.  I had no confidence in network marketing.  I still considered it somewhat sleazy, not a real business at all.  I had no goals.  Not really.  Just make more money.  I was stressed from trying to make a living and care for my family and care for my father.  Because of this I was often rude, angry, depressed, and would quickly unload on anyone unfortunate enough to ask me how I was on a bad day.  I had little self-respect and my appearance showed it most of time.  I would wear whatever was handy at the moment when I headed out the door to work.  I was only going to work.  Who cared what I looked like?  So what if I was doing a business presentation right after work.  My prospects would understand - wouldn't they?  And as for providing value - I knew nothing because I didn't take the time to actually learn the skills necessary.  All I did was pass along whatever came from my upline, which wasn't much.




No wonder it took me so long to become successful!!!



Thankfully, several years have passed and I have learned much since then.  I was blessed to meet some amazing mentors who took the time to teach me what I needed to know.  I'm not sure why, but they saw potential in the stressed-out mess that I was and supported and encouraged me through the process of becoming a professional network marketer.  I am forever in their debt.


I promised you the secret to success and here it is.  There is no secret.  It's as simple as following the rules listed here.
 


Provide value.  Learn the skills necessary to build your business and then share that knowledge with others freely. 



Have goals.  You have to know what you're working for.  Otherwise, how will you know when you get there?  Your goals will keep you pushing forward when everyone and everything else is telling you to quit.



Be confident in this business and your products.  If you aren't using your products, you need to start.  You can't promote what you don't use.  And if you have any doubts about the network marketing business model you need to either learn more about it so you can speak with confidence and authority or you need to consider another line of work.  This business isn't for everyone.  If you can't put your whole heart into it, walk away.



Be positive and upbeat.  Think about it.  What is the number one complaint you hear about social media today?  Too much drama!  If you know someone who is always complaining about something, do you socialize with them much?  Probably not.  People want to be around those who are encouraging and optimistic.  Most of us already have enough negativity in our lives without inviting more.



Have respect.  You are valuable.  Take care of yourself.  Eat right.  Get enough sleep.  Get enough exercise.  Allow yourself some down time to recharge and reenergize.



Your family and friends are valuable.  Don't forget them in your push to reach your goals.  Set aside time for family and socializing.  Your business will always be there in some form if you want.  Your family and friends might not.  
 


Your time is valuable.  Don't waste it on non-productive activities. 




Your team members are valuable.  Respect their time and their feelings.  Let them know you believe in them and that you won't accept excuses for their behavior.  If they will do the work, help them all you can.  But don't accept responsibility for their lack of effort.  Have enough respect for them to hold them accountable



Your business is valuable.  Treat it like a genuine business.  Not a hobby.  Not something to do when you don't have anything else to do.  Schedule time each day to do something - ANYTHING - to move your business forward.




Now you have everything you need to be a network marketing success.  You just need to learn to perfect it and then to use it and then to share it. 
 


Ready?  Let's do this! 


 


 

No comments: