ads

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Using Live Events to Grow Your Business

Attending my first ever live multi-day event back in 2000 literally changed my life and my business. Up until that point for about two years, I had been working as an event planner for a site selection company.  This was my first foray into doing something other than a regular job.  I was an independent contractor!  I was making okay money. But not enough that I could actually quit my regular job quite yet.  I knew I needed to find something else.  I either needed to find a way to better market my services.  Or I needed to find a totally new job.  At that time, starting my own business - other than the network marketing I was involved in, didn't even enter my mind.  But one of my event clients was hosting an internet marketing seminar.  Maybe I could learn something about marketing there.  That's why I attended.

Because of some fabulous opportunities I had to meet other successful people and to learn from some of the best minds in internet marketing, three weeks after that event, I dived headfirst into the world of online marketing and network marketing.  This was when my dad moved in with me and I needed to be able to work from home.  I knew I could make everything work, thanks to all I had learned and the connections I made.  I've never looked back!


At first, registering for a multi-day live event possibly even in another state, might not sound very budget-friendly. I mean a ticket can be in the hundreds or thousands of dollars, not to mention airfare, the hotel stay and meals. But if you choose the right event to meet your needs, you can benefit from that one single event for years to come. You never know exactly what will happen at a live event, but if you go knowing you will get an amazing outcome, then you will!  My experience with just my first live event has led me to:

  • Meeting other marketers in person and being asked to help with their events.
  • Building friendships with key business owners that have led to profitable joint ventures, affiliate relationships, and having my products and services promoted to others who would not have known me otherwise, leading to more sales of my products and services. 
  • Had a professional photographer shoot some headshots of me that I used in my marketing.  She was at an event I spoke at and took photos of all the speakers. This was one of those "you never know what'll happen" moments.
  • Being interviewed on an internet radio program where I was able to spread my message far and wide.
  • Meeting people who have become instant clients and others who I've developed longer-term relationships with who became clients years later.
And all because of who I met and what I learned at that first event.

Of course I've since spoken at and attended many other live events and I've learned a thing or two about choosing the right one. You've got to attend the right event to make sure you get the best return on your time and financial investment. For the best results, I look for events where:
  • I will learn something useful for my own business during the sessions.
  • I will likely meet people interested in my products and services.
  • I will have an opportunity to meet and mingle with the speakers in an intimate environment (instead of being lost in a sea of thousands).
  • I will have time to network with others as part of the event at breaks, meal times and after hours.
  • I will meet others serving a similar market as me so I can create joint ventures and become an affiliate for others, all leading to more cash for ME!
Be picky about the events you attend and you'll be amazed at the huge return you'll get. Just one idea or one connection could lead you to massive success!


No comments: