ads

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Decide to Take Action

Ever wonder what the difference is between successful people and those who are not?  I've been reminded of that lately and I want to share it with you.

I'm a big fan of Carrie Wilkerson.  And for the last week or so on Twitter, she has been tweeting posts related to one specific topic - Progress Is On Purpose.  Reading these each day reminded me of something she said the very first time I met her several years ago:  If you want success you must be prepared to take massive action.

I've spent the last 10 or so years of my life studying successful people and I've found that there are 3 main steps to becoming and staying successful.

1) Taking action
2) Making quick decisions
3) Surrounding yourself with successful people

And over the years I have discovered that the number one cause of failure for most new entrepreneurs is failure to take action.

Why do people fail to take the steps necessary to move forward?  A variety of reasons.  People are unsure of where to start so they don't start at all.  Or they are afraid that their family and friends will laugh at them and so they do nothing with their ideas.  Or they try one or two ideas and fail or don't progress as quickly as they hoped and so they get discouraged and quit.

I truly believe that success can be learned. Anyone can be successful if they work smart and take action.  But you have to study and learn the right steps to take.  And then you have to take them.

I love quotes. I have many of my favorites posted around my office so I can read them when I need a reminder. I want to share some of my favorites.  I hope at least one of these great quotes will inspire
you to take your next step toward success!

"Determine never to be idle. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing"
Thomas Jefferson

"There are risks and costs to a program of action. But these are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction"
John F. Kennedy

"While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior."
Henry C. Link

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
Theodore Roosevelt

"In order to be successful, you must be prepared to take massive action to completion."
Carrie Wilkerson

If you have given up on your business, now is the time to begin again.  If you have a great idea, but have been hesitant to try, now is the time get started.  Make the decision today to take action!

Decide to take the necessary steps to start or grow your business.  Decide to make the next 30 days awesome.  As Carrie has been reminding me - Progress is on Purpose!

To get your daily reminder, follow Carrie on Twitter - @CarrieWilkerson - and look for her tweets on progress (#PIOP). 

  

No comments: