ads

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Box of TNT

I received a gift in the mail today.  I had been talking to a friend and client recently and mentioned to her that I was having trouble staying focused lately.  There was so much going on in my life right now that it was difficult to know where to start and so I very often found myself putting things off until tomorrow.  Only tomorrow never seemed to come.  Her gift was a reminder that I needed to get back on track. 

I am grateful for my friend.  She knows how important it is to stay focused on our goals.  It's so easy to lose our way at times.  Something happens - a business setback, a family matter, a change of circumstances, an illness or injury - and suddenly our attention is diverted away from our objective. 

So, now that I have been reminded of the need to refocus on my goals, what am I going to do?  Well, thanks to Linda, I've gotten back onboard and recommitted myself to achieving them.

Unfortunately, not everyone has a Linda to give them a good, swift, kick when they need it.  So I decided I would be "Linda" for anyone who is struggling to regain their footing.  It's time to step up and recommit yourself to achieving your goals.  This is, after all, what separates winners from losers.  Many times, the only difference between the two is that the winner simply refused to give up.

What do you need to refocus on?  Your business?  Your family?  Your health?  Remember why you set this goal.  A better life for your family, more time for your spouse and children, a healthier life?  Think about the end results, of how your life will be different once you reach your goals.  Don't worry about the fact that you got sidetracked.  It happens to all of us.  Focus on success.  Remember - you become what you think about. 

It's a new day.  Let's make it count!

Oh, and what was this wonderful gift from my friend?  A box of TNT - Today Not Tomorrow.  Cute idea, Linda.  I don't know where you came up with it, but I will be sure to pass it on! 



.

No comments: