Unfortunately most of us tend to carry all of our doubts and fear of failure into our business. No matter how sure we are of something, in the back of our minds is that little voice - the one that keeps saying, "What if I'm wrong?"
I have stated repeatedly in this blog that what you focus on grows. And it is equally true here. Focus on failure and that's what you'll get. Expect success and it will happen.
There are several things you can do to help keep yourself focused on success.
1. Surround yourself with positive people. Get rid of the naysayers. No one wants to be around negative people. Why would you? The people you associate with and share ideas with have a major influence on how you choose to act. Positive people - positive actions. Negative people - inaction, doubt, failure.
2. Think positive. Make it a habit to repeat some positive affirmations each day. If you tell yourself you are successful enough times, eventually you will believe it. And once you believe yuo are successful, you will start to act like a successful person. And once that happens, the sky is the limit!
3. Take small steps. We all know the old joke "How do you eat an elephant?" The answer, of course, is one bite at a time. Approach your business the same way. Take small steps and celebrate your success as you accomplish each one.
4. Learn from your mistakes. We all make mistakes. Accept them as the learning experience they are and move on.
5. Be persistent. With enough determination and persistence, you can achieve almost anything.
6. Greet each day with excitement and enthusiasm. Expect success!