ads

Saturday, October 28, 2017

We Were Made To Live In Abundance

It's a question I hear all the time.  "I thought you were a Christian.  Why are you always talking about growing your business?  Aren't you supposed to live in poverty?"

Absolutely not!  We were made to live in abundance and prosperity.  And I'm not going to get into a teaching of Scripture here.  Let's just say if you want to go read the Bible, there are plenty of passages about abundance throughout.

We are supposed to be blessings in the world.  And let's be real.  It's hard to be a blessing to anyone when you are poor.  If you feel called to be a doctor but you can't afford college and medical school, that's a problem.  If you feel that you should foster children, that's hard to do if you can't afford to care for them.  If your work is to feed the hungry, it's hard to support the charities that make this possible without money. 

Everything in our society today takes money.  Healthcare is expensive.  Food is expensive.  Homes are expensive.  And so, yes, I talk a great deal about building your business and making money.  Because my family and I require all of those things and more to live to our fullest potential.  And I want to help others have them to - which takes money in order for me to have the tools necessary to reach and teach them.

And since I am passionate - called if you will - to help others fulfill their missions, it stands to reason that I am made to live in abundance.

I don't make any pretenses about it either.  My goal with my business is to make as much money as possible.  I need healthcare for my husband.  I want all 7 grandchildren to go to college and not graduate with a mountain of debt. 

I want to start a group home for foster children that have aged out of the system and have no place to go.  I want to help ensure that no child ever goes to bed hungry.  I want everyone to be able to live up to their full potential and use the gifts they were given to help make this world a place that is safe and prosperous for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  Lofty goals?  Perhaps.  But with money, I can make a start.

So yes, I want to be rich.  Because I cannot fulfill any of these goals without the necessary tools to do so.  Healthcare costs money and I want the best for my husband.  College gets more expensive every year and I want my grandchildren to be able to go where they wish to get the education they need to fulfill their purpose.

It will take money to remodel my home or purchase another property to turn into a group home.  And even more money to furnish it and pay daily expenses and so forth.  I already support a charity devoted to ending childhood hunger.  But think how much more they could do if I - and everyone who supports them - could double or even triple our contributions!  Which is why I work so hard to help others build abundant lives.  But how many more could I reach if I could afford more tools, better tools, more help?

I was given the gift of being able to communicate and connect with people.  And I would be a failure if I did not use that gift to do the most good.  This is what I was meant to do.  And in doing it I become successful.  But it takes money.  And so to become what I was meant to be, I will need to be rich.  And there is nothing wrong with that!  In fact, I believe that if I didn't do what God had called me to do and prepared me to do and gifted me to do, I would be derelict in my duty to Him.

So why am I going on this crusade today?  Because I am tired of people using the "nobility in poverty" excuse for their failure.  I am done watching people tear down those that are trying to better themselves as if there is something wrong with that.  I have had enough! 

I am also fed up with those who purport to help others but in reality all they are helping is themselves.  I am not going into details here, but you know who you are.  You are the ones who keep promising the next breakthrough is right around the corner, if only you can pay just a little bit more.  The ones who teach that it's okay to leave your integrity at the door when it comes to your business.  After all, it's not like you're really hurting anyone.  The ones who keep quiet when they know things aren't right but they don't want to jeopardize their own cushy set-up.  Yes, we were made to be abundant but not at the expense of others.

If you want the best possible life for your family, it's time.  If you feel called to do something with your life but don't know how to get there, it's time.

If you've been trying to grow in abundance but deep inside you feel it's not supposed to be, I'm here to tell you, YOU ARE WRONG!  So let's work together to get past that mindset of lack.

If you've been listening to all the naysayers tell you that money is the root of all evil, remind them that the correct proverb is "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil."  Then dump those negative nellies and surround yourself with people who love and support you in your growth.

And if you are experiencing some success but in your heart you know you are not acting with integrity, then it's time to stop and look at what you are doing. 

You've read my passions.  What I am called to do.  What are yours?  And how can I help you live them?  Share in the comments.




.

No comments: