ads

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Tiny Changes Lead To Big Results - Meet Lisa King!

Tiny changes lead to big results.  I am living proof of that!  The tiny changes I have been making in my marketing have led to some major results.  And one of those is growth in my online circle of friends.  Friends like Lisa King, who lives to teach others how tiny changes in their lives can yield huge results in their overall health and fitness.  Want to know more?  Great!  Meet Lisa King!
 
1.  Lisa, tell us about yourself.
My name is Lisa King. I married my high school sweetheart and together we have three sons. Our family is growing as our older boys are recently married and soon to be married. I am happy to have some girls joining our family! I have been a pharmacist for nearly 30 years. I truly love empowering others to live a healthier lifestyle whether I am in the pharmacy or out.  I have a beauty and wellness business where I share information with others on reducing toxins in their skin care and also living a healthier lifestyle. I believe in an integrated approach to beauty and wellness. What you put on your skin is as important as what you put in your body.
2. Tell us about your business
I empower others to make  tiny changes in their daily routine that lead to big results in better health. I have seen in my own pharmacy practice and through my own personal experiences that many people can be overwhelmed by change. Breaking goals down into smaller steps and taking the next best step leads to eventually reaching your goal when you keep moving forward. I also believe that positive thoughts are what are needed to attract more positivity in your life and lead the life that you desire.
3.  Tell us about your book
These ideas lead me to collaborate on my new book with my sister who is a breast cancer survivor and life coach. Tiny Life Changes is a guide to achieving your goals and dreams one step and one day at a time.
4. Why did you start your own business?
I did not intentionally start a beauty and wellness business. I was using pure and safe beauty products for years due to my family history of breast cancer. When I became a consultant for my company, I started sharing the information about these products with my friends. They were so receptive to making changes in their own lives that a business quickly blossomed for me. I soon started learning more and more about health and sharing this information with those around me.
 
5. How did you choose this particular niche?
I am truly passionate about disease prevention not only because of my family’s cancer diagnosis, but also because of Alzheimer and heart disease that have both been diagnosed in our family.

6. What do you like most and least about being your own boss?
I love having a second stream of income and knowing that income stream is a blessing to my family. I have met so many wonderful people through my business and this really keeps me feeling fulfilled. I have also been personally involved in giving tens of thousands of dollars of health products to charities through grants for those charities.

7. What personality traits and skills are needed to run a business?
When you start your own business, determination is an absolute must. If you are truly passionate about what you are doing you will find a way. Otherwise, you will find an excuse. I became very adept at fitting my business in the nooks and crannies of my life.

8. What has been the most difficult part of being an entrepreneur?
I work full time and that has been the hardest part of having a secondary stream of income. There aren’t enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that I want to accomplish. My advice would be to make every second count. The carpool lane and your drive commute can be your best friend. Make your phone calls to your clients in the car, while folding laundry, making dinner or whenever you can! Many times there will not be a perfect moment to make the call so make the call any time that you can! I heard a saying once that has always stuck with me to have a FAB life. When your life is full, abundant and busy with good and purposeful things then you will never feel busy. So while your day may be very full with adding a business into your life, it should be an addition that makes your life FAB- ulous!

9.  Do you have any resources that you have used to build your business that you would recommend?
I would highly recommend taking a class on line to learn how to properly share business information on social media.

10. Do you have any tips to share on promoting yourself?
Since I work full time,  last year I added a new component to my business. I started sharing information on social media so I could reach even more people without having to be gone from my home additional evenings of the week. As a pharmacist, I am already gone several nights a week from my family. I absolutely love sharing health information on social media. You can find me on Facebook and Instagram as The Fulfilled Pharmacist.

11. What other advice would you like to share with someone starting their own business? 

Social media is just that! It is social and a great way to connect and network with others. However; it is much more than just posting pictures of products. That is why I suggest taking a class or being mentored by someone who has already built a successful business online.

An affirmation that I say all of the time is “The people I am looking for are already looking for me.” Do not be afraid to share information with others and assist them in a solution to their problem. They may or may not be receptive to you and that is OK! The people who you are looking for are looking for you! When you have a positive attitude and are confident in the knowledge that you have on your product, people will be attracted to you in your area of expertise. Do not be afraid to shine your light! If you have knowledge on a solution to a problem and you are withholding it then you are actually doing a disservice to those around you. Give value added information and potential clients will be attracted to doing business with you!

12. How can we contact you to learn more about your products and services? 
You can learn more about the beauty and wellness products that will make you look fantastic and feel amazing at lisaking.arbonne.com

You can learn more about achieving your goals and dreams at tinylifechanges.com

13. Is there anything else you would like to share?
While I did not initially intend to start a beauty and wellness business, it is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. I’m very happy that I did. I would recommend you building a business and living the life of your dreams too!

No comments: