ads

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sometimes, You've Just Gotta Follow Your Heart

I've been in network marketing for a very long time.  I joined my first company in 1975!  And I've been at it in some form or another ever since.  I love the business model!  It's one of the few ways anybody can achieve financial stability, no matter where they start from.

But as I've gotten older and maybe wiser, I've discovered that there is more I want to do.  So much more!  Things that make me want to get up and get to work first thing!  Things that will launch me into an impassioned speech in no time.  My kids tease me about how easily I climb up on my soapbox.  But these things are important.   


I've lived a very full life.  College.  Career Navy.  Professional Girl Scout.  Biotech.  Stable hand.  Waitress.  And yes, even car sales!  I've lived in many different parts of the world.  Visited others.  Met lots of different people.  Combine that with my network marketing experience and I realized something.  I KNOW STUFF!  And more importantly, I know people who also know stuff!


My experiences have also served to make me passionate about many things.  You all know the story of how I finally decided to get serious about network marketing.  Thankfully, I had that as a way to ensure I was able to fulfill my obligations to my family.  But many people don't have that - or don't realize what a wonderful opportunity this business is.  And so I am passionate about helping anyone who wants to build a business to succeed. 


But it's not just enough anymore to build that network marketing downline.  Companies come and go.  I've had more than one fold under me!  With so much opportunity available, team members come and go.  There will always be down times.  That's why it's so important to have more than one income stream.  I am a HUGE believer in multiple streams of income.  I currently have six.  So I am not totally dependent on any one thing for my livelihood.  And I am absolutely passionate about helping others learn to do the same thing.  It's easier than you think!


But you know what else I have discovered?  Making money isn't enough to build real wealth.  You have to know what to do with it once you have it.  How to keep it.  How to make it work for you instead of you working for it.  I am not as good at that as I should be.  But I know people who are!  I am learning from them.  And I am passionate about introducing them to you!


My network marketing company is a health and wellness company.  I'm sure you all know why.  Diabetic mother.  Alzheimer's father.  Husband, daughter, and grandson with health issues.  It can be challenging at times.  But what is most infuriating - many of their problems were the direct result of misinformation or outright DIS-information (lies!) from the medical establishment.  (Anyone heard of ESSURE!!!?)  I have devoted a great deal of time and research to learning the truth.  And I have met many others who are leading this charge.  Living as healthfully as possible in my senior years is important to me.  I don't want to be spending my money on expensive prescriptions.  I don't want to be too frail and weak to enjoy my remaining years.  And I don't want to burden my family with medical costs.  I know many of you feel the same way.  And I am passionate about helping you achieve that goal.


Of course, the best laid plans of mice and men, as they say.  I have been a Red Cross Volunteer for many years.  I have personally been through hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and even a volcanic eruption.  As a volunteer I have witnessed the devastation left by wildfires and tornadoes.  It's sad to think that everything you worked for can be gone in an instant.  But those things can all be replaced.  If you are ready.  The days of waiting for the government to ride in and save the day are over.  We must be prepared to take care of ourselves, our families, and to help our neighbors.  I'm not one of those crazy doomsday preppers.  But natural disasters are more frequent and more devastating than ever.  In many cases it's not a matter of "IF", it's a matter of "WHEN".  Are you ready?  I am passionate about helping you make sure that you are.  I've helped pick up the pieces too many times.  I don't know how much more my soul can take.


Of course, this leads me to my last great passion.  Taking care of this big beautiful world that we call home.  I don't care if you believe in manmade climate change or not.  The world is changing.  And if we don't do something soon, the world we know won't exist for our grandkids and great-grandkids.  I am passionate about sharing ways we can all make a difference.


Lots of stuff here, right?  And for a while now I've been struggling because I've been focused on network marketing as my primary business.  But I'm 62 years old.  I'm running out of time to focus on my other passions.  My family is fairly long-lived so hopefully I will have a good number of years yet.  But in the words of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, there are far fewer years ahead than there are behind.  And I don't want to let things go anymore.  My heart is calling me to share all of these things I have learned and all of the wonderful people I have met with anyone who is interested.


Sounds daunting, I know!  But I'm a Gemini!  We invented multi-tasking!  And I think I have figured out how to do it.


So today, I announce a new direction, a rebranding, a course-correction...whatever you want to call it.  I call it following my heart.  There is new content coming.  A website redo.  A shifting of focus.  This blog will remain although the name will change.  You may have noticed the content has been broadening to include more than just network marketing tips.  I've been preparing for this for a while!


I am more excited than I can express to begin this new journey and to share it with you.  Many of you have been here from the beginning.  I am grateful for your support.  I hope you will stick with me on this new path.


Are you ready?  I am!  Let's do this!



No comments: