ads

Sunday, October 21, 2012

How to Get That Link Love

I have just recently completed ProBlogger's course "31 Days to Build a Better Blog" and I am already seeing results.  The increase in traffic has been dramatic, to say the least.  And that's what inspired me to do some research to see if I could gain some further insight on gaining more exposure - and hence more readers - to my blogs.

And insight I did find!  The information I found was so helpful, I couldn't resist sharing. 

One of the blogs I read actually talks about gaining "blogferrals" or "link love".  It seems the most popular blogs are the ones with the most links.  Which just makes sense.  More links = more readers.  Check out "Would Your Blog Win a Popularity Contest?" by Heidi Richards Mooney for tips on how to get those all important links.

Incoming links are priceless, but you can also use outgoing links to help to get your blog noticed.  I used this tactic quite a bit when I first started.  And I found an article that very clearly explains how it works and how to make it work for you.  "Using Outbound Links to Improve Your Blog" by Steven Snell is a must read for anyone serious about building their own blog readership.

Did you realize that the design of your blog could cost you readers?  Me either.  Or at least not until I read "5 Ways to Improve Blog Readership with Simple Design Changes" by Tia Peterson.  Although I do think she should have stuck with her original title for this post! 

If you're new to blogging or maybe just thinking about it but haven't started yet, you must read Lee Odden's post "How to Increase Business Blog Traffic, Readership, and Community".  In it, Lee offers 5 tips designed to improve the performance of your blog.

Travis Campbell's post "10 Ways to Increase Blog Readership" give both offsite and onsite ways to build your blog community.   Here you will learn how to use blog alliances and comments to drive traffic to your blog.

We all use social media to promote our blogs.  But are you using it correctly?  If you are not sure, then you need to read this post on Technorati - "Improve Your Blog Readership Via Social Media and Simple Tips".

I hope you find this information as helpful and interesting as I did.  And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to put my new found knowledge into action!  Happy blogging!

2 comments:

Tia Peterson said...

Hi Melodieann - lol Thanks for linking to my post and for your thoughts on the title. That is great!

Best of luck with your blog and getting the link love that you need. All I can say is, patience is a virtue. Blogs age like fine wine and that is the truth! It only gets better.

Cheers,
Tia

Emmanuel Obarhua said...

That's resourceful and informative. I wont want to miss any of this links you recommended. Great post!