ads

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

When Will You Make Time for Your Favorite Podcasts?

If you’re like me, you probably feel a bit overwhelmed by your to-do list each day. I have a lot of responsibilities, projects, and tasks on my plate. And I have a lot of people I don’t want to disappoint like my team, my customers, my family, or my friends.

So, how do I find time to listen to positive podcasts that inspire me to grow? It doesn’t have to be challenging. You can fit podcasts into your days by doing these things…

 
Listen in the Morning

Most people have morning routines that keep their hands busy but not necessarily their minds. For example, my morning consists of taking my dogs out, preparing breakfast, and drinking my coffee on the porch when it's warm enough. Instead of just letting this time slip by, I play an episode of a podcast.
 
Get Pumped at the Gym

Try swapping out your music at the gym for a podcast. But pick one that you find matches your workout speed. If you prefer a slower, longer workout then a podcast that’s soothing might be a good match. If you prefer intense workouts, choose a show that you find inspiring and that leaves you feeling motivated.
 
Tune In While You De-Stress
Do you have a hobby that helps you relax? Maybe you love to knit or you spend each evening with your adult coloring books. It’s easier to absorb a message when your hands are busy, so these are the perfect times to tune in. 

Catch an Episode during Chores

Play a podcast while you do your usual chores. It’s a simple way to make boring chores go quickly and use that time to focus on your personal development. You can listen while you’re doing dishes, mowing the lawn, or mopping the floors.

Commute and Learn

Another way to enjoy your favorite podcasts is to listen while you’re commuting. It doesn’t matter if you drive to work or take the subway. Use your travel time to fill your mind with a positive podcast.

Relax and Rest

If you have trouble going to sleep because of a busy mind, you can try listening to a podcast before bed. Look for a host whose voice and content helps you to relax.

You might want to consider the
Sleep with Me Podcast , which is a collection of nonsensical stories designed to lull you to sleep. Other good ones for relaxation before bed include Daily Meditation Podcast and Meditation Minis.

Remember, listening to a podcast isn’t about adding another to-do to your list. It’s about challenging yourself to grow in exciting, new ways. Keep a few episodes stored on a smart device so you can listen in from anywhere.

CTA: Discover six podcasts that can shake up your mindset when you download your
free workbook!

No comments: